Sunday, June 24, 2012

Michael Jackson Gone Too Soon on 25th of June 2009 ....

by Malwi (but I think that this post doesn't need this - Hanna would NEVER write a post about Michael Jackson)



"What is a genius? What is a living legend? What is a megastar? Michael Jackson - that's all. And just when you think you know him, he gives you more... When I hear the name Michael Jackson, I think of brilliance, of dazzling stars, lasers and deep emotions.I think he is one of the finest people to hit this planet, and, in my estimation, he is the true King of Pop, Rock and Soul. I love you Michael."
-Elizabeth Taylor



"Michael Jackson was not an artist who comes along once in a decade, a generation, or a lifetime. He was an artist who comes along only ONCE, period! I had the good fortune of meeting him when he was nine years old. Even then had a knowingness bout him. He knew he was special. He could dance and sing and act like anybody - and he just wanted to do it better! He was driven by his hunger to learn, to constantly to himself, to be the best. He raiesed the bar and then BROKE the bar. His talent and crestivity thrust him AND entertainment into the stratosphere.He loved giving all he had to his music and all he had to his fans. I mean, Michael was awesome.Totally in charge. In fact the more I think and talk about Michael Jackson, the more I feel the "King Of POP" was not big enough for him. I think he was simply "The Greatest Entertainer That Ever Lived".
- Berry Gordy Founder of MOTOWN




On 25th of June, it's been three years since we lost one of the most extraordinary, amazing, loving person who was walking on this planet. I won't write here about Michael Jackson Superstar, I won't write about his life, his strange behaviors, his kids, his passions, his work and definitely I won't write about his death. I will write about me and the important role he played and still is in my life. When I first saw his music video I was 8. It was July 1990 and I was watching MTV in my cousin's home (for those of you not from Poland - you must know that MTV was a  really huge hit and very new in 1990 here ! )  I was a strange kid, never taking too much care of toys or clothes. But since I remember I have always been buying LP's, MC's and wanted them as gifts. I know, I know that is strange but I've loved music since I remember. So the very first video of MJ that I saw was "BAD" I was like under the spell. Couldn't believe my eyes how amazing this person is, how awesome his dancing was and THOSE EYES!!! I fell in love in those big brown eyes. But the most importan what just touched my heart was THE music. The next day I got Michael's MC's "Thriller" and "BAD" . And from that day my life's changed forever. I won't be telling BS here. I'm a grown person, but I love him, and the most important I love his work. I don't write music, because Michael Jackson is so much more than just a music. And I love all ... music, videos, all those amazing and breathtaking concerts, humanity, love, Neverland all the magic around him but also bizzare behaviors, crazy and untrue stories, masks, PJ's, just everything. I love the whole package!! :) I can't write here my story with MJ, because that should be 22 years of my life with doubs, fear, love, saddness, pain, sicknes, fight .... but in every single minute of it there he was - always. Every single sound, every beat every note ... I am still finding something new in his songs..... but ..... then it was June 25th 2009 ! It was three years ago but I remember every single minute of it .... I was in London with Hanna and some other friends. We were there to meet Gillian Anderson, my favourive actress from beloved TV show "The X Files" and see her show "Doll's House" , I had the tickets for MJ's "THIS IS IT" concerts, it was supposed to be the best Summer vacation of my life. But it became a nightmare ...
It was 1am EU time when I got the first text from my The X Files friend from Germany, she texted me that MJ was in the hospital but maybe it was just a rumor. I went to sleep. You know I was on holiday, not having the Internet all the time, not watching TV, nothing ! Then at 5am my phone was beeping all the time ... I already had more than 300 texts !!! All about THE SAME ! I sat on the bed and kept staring on the screen not believing what they all were sending me. I woke up Hanna, she asked what was going on 'cos it was so early... I told her that Michael was dead and CNN confirmed this. She just told me "Malwi it's another crazy story, go to bed those friends of yours are playing games with you. He can't be dead. It's MJ he will never die!" But I was getting more and more texts from all around the world,  from really close people. I knew that they would NEVER joke about something like that. So we went to our friends' living room and turned the TV on. The news was everywhere!!! Even on kids' channels!!! But I still couldn't believe what I was seeing, what they were talking about! That was the biggest shock in my life. He promised to see us/fans in July ... he never showed up.
Even now when I'm writing those words I have tears in my eyes, I miss him. But I'm happy to be able to say that I was part of HIStory, a part of the great myth called Michael Jackson and his fans. We were like family for him, all what he was doing, he did for us, for people. I think that a lot of people didn't understand him or his music.As he sang "People say I´m not okay`Cause I love such elementary things...It´s been my fate to compensate, for the Childhood I´ve never known... " They enjoy the sound yeah, but not get what is under the POP surface. Not so many people knew the full versions of his songs just the way he wanted them to be. Not so many people know songs like "Little Susie", "Smile", "Music and me" or so many others! But I'm happy that they remember him. I'm happy that they remember THE music, videos, dance moves, magic ..... not only plastic sugeries, white skin, funny nose, strange behaviors, etc , etc .... I think that as many others great people he finally is understood by people. They learn a hard lesson ...
He taught me so much .... the love for music, ANY kind of music, from classic like Debussy or Chopin, to RAP, R&B,SOUL, even ROCK and METAL. He was showing us how amazing is the world of sound, vision, magic. He kept telling "Everyting you can dream on, you can make real" . He was making magic on and off stage. His life was a huge mess but he never gave up. He shoed me how amazing movies are like "E.T", "THE WIZ" or his very own "MOONWALKER" . Thanks to him I have friends all over the world ( and you must know that I'm writing NORMAL letters even now) I learned English coz of him, and I think that I see world and people in different light now. He showed me that the most important is L.O.V.E no metter what are you doing. And that people are important .... He also showed me that life is the most percious gift you could ever get ... and that no matter how hard it is NEVER GIVE UP!!!
He was on stage from the age of 5 till the last day of his life. He gave us all of him, we gave him nothing. 
Today Michael Jackson is no more, but his profound quotations and dedication towards music will always inspire millions. A golden era of pop music ended with his death. But, he will always be alive in the hearts of millions of his fans through his irrevocable contribution to the world of music.And now I just want to believe that his legacy will live on FOREVER!!!

and quoting his own song...
"Like A Comet

Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky
Gone Too Soon
...
Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night"

The place of his rest:



Inside:


25th of June 2009 in front of HMV Music Store Piccadilly Circus , London UK

















in front of Neverland:




But please remember him as great person and loving and proud father



Thank you so much for taking your time and read it. If you still have 4,5min  please listen to this tribute song


"Better On The Other Side" 
by The Game (feat. Chris brown)


And OK now I know what all of you think!!! :) So don't be shy and write in comments that I'm crazy, and that MJ got what he wanted...
PS: I collect all about Michael and have pretty cool collections of any possible stuff you can ever imagine (but that is a story for another long post) from vinyls, singles, MCs, CDs, books, magazines, trading cards, VHS, DVDs to dolls, T-shirts, playing cards, perfumes, socks, cubes...just everything! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment